We hope all our children and their families have a wonderful half term break - be safe and enjoy the sunshine! We will see you back in school on Wednesday 7th June.

South Farnborough Infant School

Home Page

South Farnborough Infant School

Home Page


Starting school in Reception, 2023


If your child is 4 or will turn 4 before Thursday 1st September 2023, they can start school in September 2023.  Hampshire County Council is responsible for the admission arrangements for all Community and Voluntary Controlled Primary schools in Hampshire.  Please click on the link to read how to apply for a school place in a Hampshire school.


Applications open:  1st November 2022

Applications close: 15th January 2023



County Admissions Team, Children Services Department,

The Castle,


Hants SO23 8UG

Tel: 0300 555 1377





           *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *         *         *

We hope you enjoy these introductory video tours of our School:

Please refer to the following documents for admissions policy information.

How do I apply for an in-year transfer?

An in-year admission is when a child needs an immediate school place during the school year.

There are two main reasons for this. You might be moving house or unhappy with your child’s current school.


You can apply for an in-year place up to four weeks before the place is needed. Exceptionally, parents seeking an in-year place starting in September 2022 can apply from May 2022. These applications will be considered from June 2022.


To make an application, you may do so online via the Hampshire County Council website or contact the school for a paper copy, applications will then be processed by County admissions.  


Once received by the school, you will be notified in writing of the outcome and either be offered a place if there is one available or placed on a waiting list.